[QE-users] Differences between projwfc.dat and atomic_proj.xml

Léo Gaspard leo.gaspard at outlook.fr
Thu Apr 14 17:30:10 CEST 2022

Dear Paolo,

Thank you for your answer, I would have two more questions concerning
the projections written in the xml file.

First, even if they are not symmetrized, could I still use the square of
their norm to plot the fatbands ?

Second, I am interested in doing some rotations between the projections
in order to see the projection on an effective state (namely the Jeff
spin orbit states in the TP approximation). But when I do so, I find
that the results are not what I expect them to be. I am award that some
codes add or remove a phase factor from the projections, and I was
wondering if maybe the projections from QuantumEspresso were doing the
same thing.

Best regards,

Léo Gaspard