[QE-users] Difference between pw.x and cp.x for relax, ve-relax calculation

likejiang at ustb.edu.cn likejiang at ustb.edu.cn
Thu Apr 7 07:39:23 CEST 2022

Dear QE-Users,

In QE 7.0, I noticed that the calculation choice for cp.x can also be
'relax', 'vc-relax', 'scf', and 'nscf' which are the key functions of pw.x.
But the other parameters in cp.x are far less than the pw.x, for instance,
it is known that K point cannot be set in cp.x.

Could anyone help to explain the difference between pw.x and cp.x for
'relax', 've-relax' calculation.

Because I am trying to do some CPMD simulation which can only be done with
cp.x, I hope to use cp.x for 'relax' and 'vc-relax' calculation to keep the
consistence of parameters in the whole process.

Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kejiang

Dr. Kejiang Li
School of Metallurgical and Ecological Engineering,
University of Science and Technology Beijing
Xueyuan Rd., Haidian District, Beijing 100083, P. R. China
https://kejiangli.com/