[QE-users] question about wave functions phonon code

Jacopo Simoni simonij at tcd.ie
Mon Sep 27 19:54:02 CEST 2021

Hi thanks for the reply. I need to compute a sort of finite temperature
electron-phonon coupling, so I needed to go into the code and I wrote my
own routine to do that, I am debugging the code and I noticed that the
result at different but equivalent q points, let's say X=(1,0,0) and
X=(1,1,0) in FCC are not the same as I should expect.
Then I noticed that the wave function (evq) in reciprocal space differs
(that is expected) but I do not understand  the relation between the two,
that was why I was asking the previous question. In the meantime I found a
mistake in the way I was computing the potential derivative, that is
probably the main source of my problem. I was wondering also what does the
routine symdyn_munu_new exactly do? Why does the dynamical matrix have to
be symmetrized in the basis of the modes ?

Thanks in advance,
Jacopo Simoni, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.