[QE-users] Regarding using electric field

Satyasiban Dash ph19d005 ph19d005 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Tue Sep 21 11:48:46 CEST 2021

Dear Users
I have been trying to incorporate electric fields in my calculations.
Actually I need to check the effect of the electric field on the LDOS of my
system. So I am confused about the use of lefield or tefield.

And other thing is I am confused about the nature of smearing if I go ahead
with electric field calculation.

Do I need to apply electric field specific tags in scf itself or a normal
scf followed by nscf with lefield or tefield will do the job?

Please let me know about these things.

Regards
Satya
PhD Scholar