[QE-users] change lattice constant for orthorhombic structure

Pooja Vyas poojavyas595 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:05:16 CEST 2021

Dear users,
I have obtained equilibrium parameters for my orthorhombic system which has
ibrav=8 and lattice constants A, B and C in Angstroms. Now, I need energy
vs. lattice constant curve, for which I require to change the lattice
constant. For a cubic system only 'a' is used and hence only 'a' used to
change. But can I know what could be the correct way for changing lattice
constants for orthorhombic? If I change 'a' in step of 0.05 angstrom, then
how should I change B and C?

Any kind of help is appreciated.