[QE-users] Application of electric field and its effect on ldos

Satyasiban Dash ph19d005 ph19d005 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Thu Oct 21 21:18:54 CEST 2021

Dear Users
  I am trying to apply an electric field in a unit cell and check how its
affecting its LDOS. But before moving forward with this I have few doubts
regarding this. Please let me know if possible

1. Does application of electric field affect any change in LDOS and can it
be observed for small potential (2 V) ?

2. Out of field and constant field which one is good for this job and can
we also check the effects in a particular direction ?

I tried with fixed field scf but it only calculated polarizability as extra
in each step. I am not looking for polarization.

Thank You. Regards

Satya
Research Scholar
IIT Madras.