[QE-users] External forces energy

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Wed Oct 13 09:12:19 CEST 2021

Hello
I guess this  is the variation of the potential energy of the external
field; that is the work done by the external forces with the opposite sign.
If you have started the relaxation from a minimum of the internal
forces, the external work should be positive and the change in the
external potential energy negative.

best regards

Pietro