[QE-users] Fwd: Fictitious kinetic energy of electrons

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Fri Oct 1 17:05:36 CEST 2021

Sorry!!!

It is resolved referring to the relevant discussions in the forum.

MP

From: "Mahmoud Payami Shabestari" <mpayami at aeoi.org.ir>
To: "users at lists.quantum-espresso.org" <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 01:10:51 +0330
Subject: Fictitious kinetic energy of electrons

Dear QE Users and Developers,

Kindly, I am new to cp.x, and in the course of ionic propagation at some
given temperature, I noticed that the fictitious kinetic energy increases at
some finite ionic steps. This may cause ions feel erroneous forces and
therefore erroneous trajectories. So I think one needs to repeat electronic
minimization after say some N ionic steps. Maybbe also decreasing timestep
helps the speed of electron wavefunctions to remain near to zero.
My question is: Is there an automatic way in the code to detect, say, ekinc
ecceeds some threshold and switch to electron minimization?
Any comments is highly appreciated.

Bests,
Mahmoud Payami
AEOI, Tehran, Iran