[QE-users] [External Email] absence of DOS above Fermi level

Tarek Hammad Hammad_Tarek at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:07:53 CET 2021

Dear Hari Paudyal

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

However, I have ran the same calculations using wien2k code. The results
were in consistent with the published data!!!!

So, I have decided to run the required calculations to obtain DOS for
simple metal as Ni . I also found that for wien2k the results was very
close to experimental work published everywhere  which was so far from
quantum espresso results.

Most important problem was the fermi energy value that makes this
discrepancy between DOS plots in wien2k and quantum espresso!!!.

Please, I need explanation for this discrepancy to remove my miss
understanding.

Kind regards

Dr. Tarek Hammad.