[QE-users] Density of states and Volume

Salman Zarrini salman.zarrini at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 19:14:15 CET 2021

Dearl all,

As the density of states's definition implies, the electronic density of
states has a unit of "Number of electronic states per Energy per Volume" or
simply Volume^-1 Energy^-1.  However, the "Volume^-1" is apparently missing
in the unit of density of states in literatures as well as here in
manual/tutorials of Quantum-Espresso. So that the Energy^-1 is used as the
unit for total density of states, atomic site projected density of states
and orbital projected density of states.

I guess it is just a misunderstanding from my side, so, I would be thankful
if one could elaborate further on that.

Regards,
Salman