[QE-users] Different band gap in unitcell and in supercell

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Thu Nov 11 15:00:23 CET 2021

Dear Poonam Sharma,

Regarding the convergence with respect to the k points mesh: I would suggest to have a look at the Quantum ESPRESSO input generator https://www.materialscloud.org/work/tools/qeinputgenerator

You just upload your structure and choose between "normal", "fine", and "very fine" k points mesh. Even if the lattice parameters a, b, and c are all different, this tool will automatically find out which k points mesh to use. Then you can vary these k points meshes a bit and see how the results change, and eventually see when your results converge with a desired accuracy/precision.

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV