[QE-users] ph.x Raman calculations

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 18:00:37 CEST 2021

Hello you can take into account anharmonicity with the d3q code which is included in QE, but also has its own homepage at https://anharmonic.github.io/ where you may find more documentation and examples. In particular, I recently added an example on how to compute the vibrational spectral weight measured by Raman, i.e. like in fig.3 of PhysRevLett.125.145301. It is in the MgO example.

There is currently no automatic way to include both Raman cross section and anharmonic phonon line shape in the same calculation, but this can be easily done by hand.
hth
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris