[QE-users] Dense k Point Interpolation to Arbitrary k Points for a Band Structure

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 08:36:16 CET 2021

> But I don't know how QE transforms the k vector corresponding to K and G to a single number. I tried to read the source code but didn't understand it.
Hello,
it is just the length of the path. If you have two points, k and k', the length will be zero at the first point, and |k-k'| at the second, if you add a third point k'', then you also add a length |k'-k''| and so on. There are some special rules to detect equivalent points and changes of directions, but they do not matter here.

To make it even simpler, if you see that the crossing appear at i.e. 30% of the segment between k and k', you can just add a point k + 0.3(k'-k) = 0.7k + 0.3k'
hth
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris