[QE-users] S Matrix not positive definite error with PBEsol

John Stoppelman jstoppelman at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 18:44:20 CEST 2021

Hello,
I am running a vc-relax calculation for a crystal structure, and I'm trying to compare the results between PBE and PBEsol. The SCF converges with PBE using the default Davidson diagonalization. When I switch to PBEsol pseudopotentials from the PSlibary, I receive the error:

Error in routine cdiaghg (797):
S matrix not positive definite
When I switch the diagonalization method to 'cg', the calculation converges as normal, however. Are there any settings I can try in order to use PBEsol with the Davidson diagonalization for the SCF? I have attached my input file.
Thank you for any potential help.