[QE-users] Raman intensities in quantum espresso

Banhi Chatterjee Banhi.Chatterjee at ijs.si
Fri Jun 4 21:16:36 CEST 2021

Dear users,

I have calculated the normal modes around Gamma point of a compound
using ph.x.

All my modes are Raman active. I have followed example15 in the
tutorials of the

release q-e-qe-6.7MaX-Release.tar.gz.

After completing the phonon calculations I run dynmat.x.

Then I extract and plot the Raman frequecies and intensities

using the following two commands.

awk 'NR==1,/mode/{next}/DYNMAT/,NR==0{next}{print}' si.dm.out >
plotdata_si.dat

plot 'plotdata_si.dat' u ($2):($3) title ' si-RAMAN' w i lw 2

I want to clarify if this is the correct way to extract the Raman
intensities. If not,

where can I find how to do this in an appropriate way.

Thanking you,

Banhi Chatterjee

--
Dr. Banhi Chatterjee