[QE-users] Regarding smearing

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:09:10 CEST 2021

1. In case of application of Fermi-Dirac as occupation can increasing the
smearing value can be considered same as increasing temperature?

Yes, but it is anegligible w.r.t lattice expansion.

> 2. Does quantum espresso or any supported third party program provides
> support for temperature dependent dos ?

Just compute the dos at different lattice parameters!

You can determine the parameter corresponding to a certain temperature
using tabulated experimental data, fully ab-initio quasi harmonic
approximation or more sophisticated techniques

Hth