[QE-users] [QE-GPU] compilation with SDK 21.5 and CUDA 11.4

Marcelo Falcão de Oliveira marcelo.falcao at usp.br
Fri Jul 16 17:49:37 CEST 2021

Dear QE users,

   I'm trying to compile pw.x with SDK 21.5 and CUDA toolkit 11.4 regarding
2 Tesla K20c gpus (Intel Xeon E5-2650 processors).
   I know the gpuss and packages are working because I was able to compile
lammps with them and it works. I have also compiled the test examples
provided by Nvidia for SDK and CUDA, including CUDA-Fortran, but I get the
following error when trying to configure. I'm probably making some bad QE
configuration but could not realise which one... Any hints? Thanks in
advance!

Configure command:
./configure --with-cuda=$CUDA_HOME --with-cuda-runtime=11.4
--with-cuda-cc=35 --enable-openmp --with-scalapack=no

Last output lines of configure:
using F90... nvfortran
setting FFLAGS... -O1
setting F90FLAGS... $(FFLAGS)
setting FFLAGS_NOOPT... -O0
setting CPP... cpp
setting CPPFLAGS... -P -traditional -Uvector
setting LD... mpif90
setting LDFLAGS...
checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... (cached) none
checking whether Fortran compiler accepts -Mcuda=cuda11.4... no
configure: error: You do not have the cudafor module. Are you using a PGI
compiler?

--
Marcelo Falcão de Oliveira
Professor