[QE-users] neb - first_last_opt

Aleksandra Oranskaia aleksandra.oranskaia at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Jul 4 11:09:26 CEST 2021

Dear developers,

One of the very useful features of NEB does not work as it is supposed (?):
if one sets 'first_last_opt = False' in input -- (s)he will anyway find
'first_last_opt                =    T' in output.

I tried to go to .../qe-6.7/NEB/src and look at how it is written (plus i
compared it with the previous qe version: did not see changes). If I am not
mistaken this option indeed is supposed to freeze initial and final
configuration. As I am not sure how to correct the source code (without
breaking it) - I will highly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in adcance,
Alex (phd student, KAUST).

this email.