[QE-users] Adsorption energy between charged slab + anion

Kazume NISHIDATE nisidate at iwate-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 24 04:01:52 CET 2021

> No dipole correction will ever compensate a charged slab. Not to mention the fundamental (not
> numerical) issue raised by Giuseppe. SB

Yes, but I just wanted to comment on the original post of Nam Tran
because it seemed me the beginning of the thread.

He mentioned that the total system is neutral.
So there must be a weak dipole moment between the slab and the molecule.

In this case, the adsorption energy must be calculated
with help of the dipole correction.

best regards
kazume
敬具 西館