[QE-users] oxidation state of the Mn-atom

Offermans Willem willem.offermans at vito.be
Tue Feb 9 19:59:20 CET 2021

Hi Oukahou and Quantum Espresso friends,

If you look for a method to give you the oxidation state you want, then
I would stop looking and take the oxidation state you want.

However, if a method gives you a certain oxidation state, then this is
the oxidation state you obtained under certain conditions and applying a
certain methodology. If you don’t feel comfortable with the obtained value
and you have reasonable doubts about the methodology
or conditions (parameters), you should focus on the latter. If you need
help with this, you should disclose the methodology and/or the
parameters to us and discuss what you think might be wrong or
needs reconsideration.

I’m pretty certain that someone wants to help you out or give you advice.
With the information at hand, it will be very difficult.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
With kind regards,

Willem Offermans
Researcher Electrocatalysis SCT
VITO NV | Boeretang 200 | 2400 Mol
Phone:+32(0)14335263 Mobile:+32(0)492182073

Willem.Offermans at Vito.be