[QE-users] [SUSPECT ATTACHMENT REMOVED] anomalous (perahps) crash of fs.x

patrizio.graziosi at cnr.it patrizio.graziosi at cnr.it
Wed Feb 3 09:37:46 CET 2021

  Dear all,

  I am experiencing crashes of fs.x when using versions 6.3, 6.4, 6.5
and 6.6 either.
  I'm running Quantum Espresso on the supercomputing cluster "galileo"
at CINECA, Italy, equipped with Intel Xeon E5-2697 v4 (Broadwell)
nodes, 1022 36-core compute nodes, each one contains 2 18-cores Intel
Xeon E5-2697 v4 (Broadwell) at 2.30 GHz.

  I do as follows, all the input files and job submission scripts are attached:

  1) run a scf calculation

  2) run a nscf calculation

  3) run fs.x

  at step 3) QE crashes and I get in the .out file

      Error in routine fill_fs_grid (1):
      cannot locate  k point

  and in the CRASH file

      task #        19
      from fill_fs_grid : error #         1
      cannot locate  k point

  Please, note that I asked to colleagues of mine at the University of
Warwick, where they use QE on a HPC infrastructure (Tinis) with Lenovo
NeXtScale nx360 M5 servers with 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 2.4 GHz
(Haswell) 8-core processors, to run QE with the very same input files,
and they
  told me that everything run smoothly with NO crash...

  So, I suppose I'm doing a silly error in the submission script, or,
as suggested by my colleagues at Warwick, there is a compiling issue
on the CINECA machine I'm using.

  Can you support me in understanding where or what I have to look at,
in order to deal with this issue, please?

  BTW in step 2) I also used occupations = 'tetrahedra' or 'fixed',
with the same crash for fs.x

  I thank you in advance for your help ,

  Patrizio