[QE-users] About VDW potential

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Mon Feb 1 10:47:43 CET 2021

If you want to "have an idea", then you should read the related literature...

    Variable:       vdw_corr

    Type:           CHARACTER
    Default:        'none'
    See:            london_s6, london_rcut, london_c6, london_rvdw,
                    dftd3_version, dftd3_threebody, ts_vdw_econv_thr,
ts_vdw_isolated, xdm_a1, xdm_a2
                    Type of Van der Waals correction. Allowed values:

                    'grimme-d2', 'Grimme-D2', 'DFT-D', 'dft-d' :
                         Semiempirical Grimme's DFT-D2. Optional variables:
                         "london_s6", "london_rcut", "london_c6", "london_rvdw"
                         S. Grimme, J. Comp. Chem. 27, 1787 (2006),
doi:10.1002/jcc.20495
                         V. Barone et al., J. Comp. Chem. 30, 934
(2009), doi:10.1002/jcc.21112

                    'grimme-d3', 'Grimme-D3', 'DFT-D3', 'dft-d3'  :
                         Semiempirical Grimme's DFT-D3. Optional variables:
                         "dftd3_version", "dftd3_threebody"
                         S. Grimme et al, J. Chem. Phys 132, 154104
(2010), doi:10.1002/jcc.20495

                    'TS', 'ts', 'ts-vdw', 'ts-vdW', 'tkatchenko-scheffler' :
                         Tkatchenko-Scheffler dispersion corrections
with first-principle derived
                         C6 coefficients.
                         Optional variables: "ts_vdw_econv_thr",
"ts_vdw_isolated"
                         See A. Tkatchenko and M. Scheffler, PRL 102,
073005 (2009).

                    'XDM', 'xdm' :
                         Exchange-hole dipole-moment model. Optional
variables: "xdm_a1", "xdm_a2"
                         A. D. Becke et al., J. Chem. Phys. 127,
154108 (2007), doi:10.1063/1.2795701
                         A. Otero de la Roza et al., J. Chem. Phys.
136, 174109 (2012),
                         doi:10.1063/1.4705760

HTH
Giuseppe