[QE-users] QE automatically converge centered cell to primitive ?

Husak Michal Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Thu Dec 23 15:50:57 CET 2021

I understand that Qunatum Espresso on its will change centered cell to
primitive,not changing the overal symmetry ... It create equivalent descriptipn in lover system with primitive cell automatically  ...
And it change the crystallographic system and lattice parameters as well ....

The question is whatever it indicate this change somwhere and give the transformation matrix used for transforming the input to the output ...
So we can reconstruct from the QE output the standard crystallographic description based on standard space groups witch use centered cells (corresponding to coordinates and centered space group given at the input) ...
We can probably decipher what is QE doing internaly, but it will be more easy to have the used transformation in the output file ...

Michal