[QE-users] Infinity values in epsi and epsr files

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 16:41:10 CET 2021

Dear Olga,
graphene is a metal, and should be treated as such: set a finite amount of smearing. Also, your cutoff is probably too small, your k-points grid is definitely too coarse (especially to compute higher order properties such es dielectric constants), I would use 32x32x1. The conv_thr is several orders of magnitude too large to have a reasonable result in any non-variational quantity (i.e. anything except total energy).

I also think that epsilon.x does a standard perturbation theory calculation, which requires a large amount of empty bands to converge (but I may be wrong).
regards
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris