[QE-users] libxc needed for this functional - QE bulid with libxc

Michal Husak Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Wed Dec 8 17:38:15 CET 2021

Paolo , you are right ...

It is required to add all 3 option in the ./configure to make the build correct

   --with-libxc            (yes|no) Use libXC for some XC functionals (default:
                           no)
   --with-libxc-prefix=DIR Directory where libxc was installed.
   --with-libxc-include=DIR
                           Directory where libxc Fortran headers were
                           installed.

It is not clear from the help, that only adding:
   --with-libxc-prefix=DIR
is not sufficient ...

I had generated now pw.x  3x bigger than standard pw.x accepting the
SCAN functional ...

Michal