[QE-users] Small query about U parameter.

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sun Aug 29 18:49:42 CEST 2021

Dear Poonam Sharma,

> ...in the research papers, I observed that they mention that the U parameter they applying on the La 4f shell.

Which papers are you referring too?

In our paper [1] we also applied Hubbard U to La-4f states. Even though La-4f states are empty, the Hubbard U correction helps to move them to higher energies and improve the agreement with the near edge x-ray absorption fine structure experiments.

Best,

Iurii

[1] Iurii Timrov, Piyush Agrawal, Xinyu Zhang, Selma Erat, Riping Liu, Artur Braun, Matteo Cococcioni, Matteo Calandra, Nicola Marzari, and Daniele Passerone, "Electronic structure of pristine and Ni-substituted LaFeO3 from near edge x-ray absorption fine structure experiments and first-principles simulations", Phys. Rev. Research 2, 033265 (2020). https://journals.aps.org/prresearch/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevResearch.2.033265

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Senior Research Scientist