[QE-users] Atomic velocities units

valeria arteaga muñiz valitzelar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:55:54 CEST 2021

Hello,

Thanks Kazume and Lorenzo for your time.
I think having them printed would be great for users, in the meantime I will calculate them with what you gave me.
And Kazume, I took a look to the module you mentioned (thanks for that, it was really useful) and I could see that the starting velocities therefore follow a Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution. That means that the system is already thermalized? I know this is not a technical question, but I was wondering so since when I run a MD simulation in pw.x in the past without inputting velocities, the variation in temperature was high at the beginning of the simulation.

Thanks,
Valeria