[QE-users] alpha2f.x electron-phonon calculation error

RICO PRATAMA PUTRA pratamarc at chungbuk.ac.kr
Mon Apr 26 08:10:38 CEST 2021

Dear QE Users,

I am performing an electron-phonon coupling of MgB2 with "*terahedra_opt*"
using quantum espresso and got an error when using alpha2f.x. The error is:

At line 402 of file alpha2f.f90 (unit = 5, file = 'stdin')
Fortran runtime error: Sequential READ or WRITE not allowed after EOF
marker, possibly use REWIND or BACKSPACE

Error termination. Backtrace:
#0  0x7fd740793d01 in ???
#1  0x7fd740794849 in ???
#2  0x7fd74079552f in ???
#3  0x7fd7409dc0fd in ???
#4  0x55fafef4ab9a in alpha2f
        at /mnt/c/users/dell/documents/qe-67/PHonon/PH/alpha2f.f90:402
#5  0x55fafef46b2e in main
        at /mnt/c/users/dell/documents/qe-67/PHonon/PH/alpha2f.f90:380
With this error, I decided to run a test on an example provided by QE (Dr.
Kawamuura) in PHonon/examples/tetra_example. Unfortunately, the result when
I am trying to run alpha2f.x is similar.

For your information,  I am using WSL 2 with Ubuntu 20.04 virtualization in
the windows preview build 21364 and QE-6.7Max

Please tell me if there is something I can do about this.
Thank you,

Best regards,

Rico Pratama Putra
Department of Physics