[QE-users] Vibration calculation using ph.x

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:58:36 CEST 2021

Computing phonons via DFPT for a system with a lots of atoms takes a lot of time. As long as you are only interested in the Gamma point, it may be faster to do a froze-phonons calculation with a code such as PHON, phonopy or fd.x (they are all sort of difficult to use, but not as difficult as solving a quantum harmonic oscillator with pen and paper)

--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris