[QE-users] My slab system does not converge during optimization.Can you help me?

Jayfe Anthony Abrea 06302408 at usc.edu.ph
Fri Apr 16 13:43:54 CEST 2021

Hello Dr. Thomas,

[I am still adjusting with this QE mailing list. Thus, I made duplicate reply. Please bear with me Dr. Thomas]

I’m glad that you took notice on my predicament. Thank you Dr. Thomas. My appreciations.

The input file I placed in this email contains my initial positions of the atoms. The initial distance between H and surface is actually that “bad” or that far. I used the optimized positions of the slab with Fe instead of Mn and applied it to my Pt/Mn slab in the hopes that the atomic positions are closer to optimization. The z atomic position of H went down from 0.618734 to 0.607984. It still gave a similar oscillating result. =(

As for the applied external electric field, I’ve read that eamp, along with edir, emaxpos, and eopreg are adjusted for dipole correction of my slab system. I am not sure if making eamp to zero can still provide dipole correction. Will it still be OK to make it zero?

Best regards,

Jayfe

Sent from Mail for Windows 10