[QE-users] RPA 'epsilon.x' for dielectric constants?

Raji Abdulrafiu tunderaji at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:29:29 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

My question concerns calculating the dielectric constants
(static/macroscopic) of solids using the RPA approximation.
I want to find out however if I may use the epsilon.x executable for this.

It was suggested that one sets the frequency to zero and look at the static
dielectric function. My question therefore is where do I do this?. Perhaps
in the epsilon.f90 code. If yes, where exactly in the code? I will
appreciate any lead on this, as it doesn't appear that it would be in the
epsilon input file.

Thank you very much for your time.

Abdulrafiu.T Raji, PhD (Physics)
Department of Physics,
College of Science, Engineering & Technology (CSET),

University of South Africa (UNISA),
Pretoria, South Africa.

Tel (office): +27-12-429-4201

Skype: abdulrafiuraji