[QE-users] Getting wavefunctions from QE

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Thu Sep 17 08:53:26 CEST 2020

Hi Andrew

one easy way to get the wavefunctions in text format --but are you
really sure that you want to do it ?-- is to compile pw
<http://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/user_guide/node11.html#SECTION00034050000000000000>
with the support for hdf5  , there will be and hdf5 file for each
k-point, and you can convert them to text format  format using the
h5dump program.

h5dum -d evc prefix<k-index>.hdf5

it will printout a 2 dimensional dataset ( the first index C convention
in the band index, the other one is the plane wave index)
I hope it helps
Pietro