[QE-users] 2 questions on QE v6.6

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:24:17 CEST 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 1:07 AM Kefan Chen <kefanc at nevada.unr.edu> wrote:

> I noticed that QE v6.6 supports stress calculation for noncolinear cases.
> Does it mean that I can run GGA noncolinear system relaxation?

you can,  but it might be slooooow

I cannot create executables for v6.6. All compiling processes went through
> normally and I saw no error.

look more carefully and you will see one (do not use option -j of "make",
it makes error messages hard to spot) .

Paolo

I just followed the same compiling procedure as v6.5 and I tried compiling
> v6.5 again after I failed on v6.6 on the same machine and it worked fine.
>
> Anyone can help me with this? Thank you!
>
> Regards,
>
> Kefan

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222