[QE-users] local magnetic moment zero.

Stephen Zhang lolzen at berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 5 07:46:45 CEST 2020

Hi,

I had a similar problem too with lda calculations. You want to confirm that
your pseudopotential files have all the electrons necessary for non zero
magnetic moment. When I was getting zero magnetic moment, it was due to the
fact that a few of my pseudopotential files were missing electrons from
lower energy orbitals that were likely responsible for the magnetic order
in the material.

Good luck,
Stephen