[QE-users] Problem for testing k convergence (Yang Liu)

liuyang rabbitkiller at 163.com
Wed Oct 21 03:10:54 CEST 2020

Dear Anupriya Nyayban

When I try to relax a system, I first run scf calculations with different k mesh, ecutwfc and ecutrho. Generally, total energy of the system seldom varys (I suppose the calculation is convergent)  with somewhat dense k meshes, and relatively large ecutwfc and ecutrho. Then I would choose some appropriate k mesh and ecutwfc and ecutrho for oncoming relaxation.

I'm not sure if this is effective for you.

Regards

Yang Liu