[QE-users] NEB with variable cell?

A. Jain aj520 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 18 00:04:55 CEST 2020

Hi Andrii,

I also have been playing around with the same issue on NEB. Here is the
thread where I asked a similar question, perhaps it will help you:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg36422.html

In my case I decided to average the cell parameters of the starting and
final images and use that as my foundation to conduct neb. Since I was
most interested in exploring the mechanism of photoisomerization which
was concentrated around a particular set of atoms I don't believe it has
posed a problem. So I guess my point is that the best course of action
will simply depend on what you are intending to illustrate via neb.

At least that's my two cents, perhaps someone else has a better idea!

Apoorv
Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge