[QE-users] Calculating U parameter for Ni in LiNiO2 using hp.x

Mohammad Moaddeli mohammad.moaddeli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:25:12 CEST 2020

Dear Iurii,

Based on your recommendations, everything went well for q point #3.
However, q point #4 did not converge. Required converging iterations from q
point #1 to 3 is as following: 45 iterations for q1, 63 iterations for q2,
and 51 iterations for q3. q4 did not converge after 196 iterations. It took
6 days. Finally I stopped hp.x because of fluctuation in "residue" for
"chi".

Is it possible and reasonable to run hp.x for q point #1, 2, and 3
separately and use sum_pertq=.true. as well as start_q=1, last_q=3, and
perturb_only_atom(1)=.true. to calculate the U parameter? (There are
totally 4 q points)

alpha_mix is also reduced down to 0.01 as another alternative. It is still
running...

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Best,

Mohammad