[QE-users] Is there any problem if I use less ecutwfc and ecutrho than the suggested value in the pp file?

ENDALE ABEBE endtse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 07:58:25 CEST 2020

Dear Expertise

The suggested values of the ecutrho and ecutwfc are making my calculation
expensive. For instance, in the pseudo potential file of Bi,
Bi.pbe-dn-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF
<https://www.quantum-espresso.org/upf_files/Bi.pbe-dn-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF>,
these are:

    Suggested minimum cutoff for wavefunctions:  45. Ry
    Suggested minimum cutoff for charge density: 455. Ry

Is there any problem if I use less values than these as much as the total
energy of the system converges?

Thank you in advance for your response.

With Regards

--