[QE-users] viewing trajectories in VMD, axsf conversion

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Oct 8 11:57:07 CEST 2020

Dear Michal,

What you just reported is almost correct, with a small difference
that the script is located in scripts/ and not in bin/ subdirectory,
hence:

path-to-xcrysden/scripts/pwo2xsf.sh -r 2 -a pw_output.out > movie.axsf

A further remark: if one uses xcrysden from linux distributions (e.g.
Debian), then the "pwo2xsf.sh" script is indeed named "pwo2xsf" (here
pwo2xsf is a simple wrapper that calls pwo2xsf.sh), hence in this case:

pwo2xsf -r 2 -a pw_output.out > movie.axsf

Furthermore, it is my responsibility and fault that the pwo2xsf script
in PW/tools is obsolete: the reason is that always use xcrysden's one,
hence I forgot to update the one in PW/tools.

Best regards,
Tone
--
Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia