[QE-users] QE Parallelization for Phonon Dispersion calculations

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:39:06 CET 2020

Images are only used inside each q-point, if I remember correctly, so it
would not matter in our question.

But, you can decrease walltime much more by running each q-point
simultaneously and independently using startq, startq options and a job
for each. It is sufficient to use a different prefix or outdir. The data
from pw can be copied or repeated, it does not usually matter in terms
of CPU time.

cheers