[QE-users] Sub optimal performance on 32 core AMD machine

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Mon Nov 16 20:36:02 CET 2020

While compiling with gcc/gfortran use -march=native option.
With Intel i guess it is -xHost
This will enable the CPU native instruction.
With Epyc I guess a lot depends on the libraries. With gcc I used openblas
and fftw3. On Ryzen they work great.
HTH,
Carlo

Il giorno lun 16 nov 2020 alle ore 18:24 Husak Michal <Michal.Husak at vscht.cz>
ha scritto:

> No. I do no use hyperthreading.
> I had checked both OpenMPI and OpenMP - in outup file ...
> It shows what I set by the launch and enviromental variable correctly.
> If I use more than 4 cores in any way, I get no speed up ...

Prof. Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it  Tel:+39 0116707507/8
Fax: +39 0116707855      -      Dipartimento di Chimica, via
P. Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy.    http://lem.ch.unito.it/

*ICCC2020 has been postponed at 2022*

ICCC 2022 28 August - 2 September 2022, Rimini, Italy: http://www.iccc2020.com
International Conference on Coordination Chemistry (ICCC 2022)