[QE-users] Incorrect identification+generations of atoms in specialpositions (space_group options used).

Michal Husak Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Thu Nov 12 13:51:29 CET 2020

Dear C. Conesa

I was afraid I am faced exactly with the same
problem you mentioned in your contribution ...
But had identified 2 problems on my side instead :
1)  I forget to use uniqueb = .true. => incorrect
identification of special positions
2) after correcting mistake 1) I had used
incorrect CIF with multiple inclusion of the same
atoms  (CSD Mercury Bug/Future
related to molecules completed by symmetry operations).

If you can E-mail me directly (husakm at vscht.cz) your
CIF file, + QE inoput file with potentials in /potential sub directory
I can try to analyze your problem ( I am primary
a crystallographer teaching symmetry operations e.t.c.) ...

Michal