[QE-users] Incorrect identification+generations of atoms inspecialpositions (space_group options used).

Michal Husak Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Thu Nov 12 13:37:20 CET 2020

Problem solved on my side ...
I apology for disturbing :-).
The CSD Mercury software added to the CIF file
from some reason some symmetry generated atoms ...
It probably try to save the whole molecule (1/2
generated by mirror operation) = create incorrect
cif with duplicated atoms positions ...
So e.g. one O atoms was found in the file 2x (but
with different x,y,z so manual identification was complex)...
It error was clear from total number of symmetry
independent atoms in the CIF (correct 40 , incorrect  73) ...

I can confirm QE had correctly identified the Zn,
S, C placed on the mirror operation symmetry and it did not
generated them 4x, but correctly 2x