[QE-users] -help

Kiran Yadav kiranyadav0816 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:39:36 CET 2020

Hi,
I am trying to calculate full phonon dispersion with born effective charge.
My ph.in file is --
Phonon Calcs for S1
&inputph
 prefix='S1'
  epsil=.true.
  ldisp=.true.
  verbosity='high'
  outdir='./home',
  fildyn='S1.888.dyn'
  nq1=8
  nq2=8
  nq3=8
/

When I use nq1,nq2,nq3 =4 , it generates 20 dynamical matrix file (.dyn),
with nq1,nq2,nq3=8 it generates 35 files and so on with higher nq values..
Each .dyn file takes ~4 hrs on  100 core processor.

My question is  --
1. Is there any procedure to know about nq values which will be okay to get
a phonon dispersion with reliable accuracy.
2. Is there anything similar thing to do like we do a k-mesh convergence
test for scf calculation in order to get a reliable electronic band
structure.
3. Is nq and nk grid similar ?

I tried to give all the information I could, I m new to QE so can't explain
my doubts better than this, so, please update whatever possible.

Thanks in advance

Best,
Kiran