[QE-users] SCAN + SOC in QE

Kamel Demmouche kdemmouche at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:24:47 CEST 2020

Dear All,

I posted my inquiry few days ago but still not having answers or
suggestions so I tried to post it again,

I need  help to find a calculation recipe. My goal is to perform band
structure calculation using metaGGA + SOC in espresso. Unfortunately this
is not yet implemented, so I am looking for a recipe to obtain an
approximate picture of band structure.
Is it correct to do the following:
step 1: SCF metaGGA with spin polarized (no SOC) on regular k-mesh
step 2: non-SCF GGA + SOC along high symmetry k-line
or
step 1: SCF GGA + SOC on regular k-mesh
step 2: non-SCF metaGGA with spin polarized (no SOC) along high symmetry
k-line

otherwise any other suggestions ! thanks in advance

AntwortenWeiterleiten
<https://drive.google.com/u/0/settings/storage?hl=de&utm_medium=web&utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=manage_storage>
<https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/terms/>
<https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/>