[QE-users] efficient parallelization on a system without Infiniband

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:47:30 CEST 2020

3.26x seems possible to me. It can be caused by load imbalance in the
iterative solver among the 4 k-points.
Could you list the time in seconds with 1 node and 4 nodes? Those you used
to calculate 3.26x.
Could you also try diago_david_ndim=2 under "&ELECTRONS" and provide 1 and
4-node time in seconds?

In addition, you may try ELPA which usually gives better performance than
scalapack.

Thanks,
Ye
Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory