[QE-users] pseudopotential for spin-orbit calculation with hybrid functional

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue May 26 15:53:53 CEST 2020

Dear Julien
Follow the links you find in this page

https://www.quantum-espresso.org/pseudopotentials

you should find something suitable for your purpose. I suppose that
the norm conserving, fully relativistic ONCV pseudopotentials might
fit your need.

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting "JULIEN, CLAUDE, PIERRE BARBAUD" <julien_barbaud at sjtu.edu.cn>:

> Dear users,
>

> I am currently trying to run a calculation taking spin-orbit
> coupling (SOC) into account, using a hybrid functional (PBE0) for a
> more accurate determination of the band gap of my material (FAPbI3).
> I am running QE 6.4
>

> Trying with SOC alone, no issue. However, when I try to combine it
> with PBE0, I realize that the combination of both doesn't work for a
> USPP potential as the scf run crashes before even starting with the
> following error message:
>
> Error in routine setup (1):
> Noncolinear hybrid XC for USPP not implemented
>

> I would use another kind of pseudopotential, but the only PPs
> proposed on the QE website for atoms such as I or Pb ar either
> *rrkjus* (which is of USPP type) or *kjpaw* (and I read in
> EXX_example that PAW PPs are not supported for hybrid calculations).
> Anyway, if tried to run with both kinds, and I actually get the same
> error message as above regardless (because they are actually both
> USPPs?)
>

> Knowing this, what (fully relativisitic) PP should I choose to run a
> calculation with SOC+PBE0? Does it mean that QE effectively does not
> support SOC+hybrid functional for atoms such as Pb or I, for which I
> can only find USPP/PAW pseudopotetials?
>

> If it is of any help, the input file is attached
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Julien

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316