[QE-users] k-points selection for Band Structure calculation

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Wed May 20 20:29:44 CEST 2020

Hello,

You can find the k vectors for hexagonal Si here:
https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-kv-list <https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-kv-list>
I have chosen the "simplest" hexagonal system (n°168), but you can change it if necessary here:
https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cryst/get_kvec.html <https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cryst/get_kvec.html>

From the list of k vectors you can choose the path you want to follow for your calculations. The path can be generated with xcrysden:
http://www.xcrysden.org/ <http://www.xcrysden.org/>

Now, for the lists of k vectors you are mentioning below, both are valid: the choice for the path is at your discretion. But, if you want to check your results by comparing with other works, then you may want to choose the same path.

HTH,
Pascal

Pascal Boulet
—
Professor in computational materials - DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
University of Aix-Marseille - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr>