[QE-users] DFPT getting stuck

M.J. Hutcheon mjh261 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 12 14:29:06 CEST 2020

Dear QE users/developers,

I am running an electron-phonon coupling calculation at the gamma point
for a large unit cell Calcium-Hydride (Output file attached). The
calculation appears to get stuck during the DFPT stage. It does not
crash, or produce any error files/output of any sort, or run out of
walltime, but the calculation does not progress either. I have tried
different parameter sets (k-point grids + cutoffs), which changes the
representation where the calculation gets stuck, but it still gets
stuck. I don't really know what to try next, short of compiling QE in
debug mode and running under a debugger to see where it gets stuck. Any
ideas before I head down this laborious route?

Many thanks,

Michael Hutcheon

TCM group, University of Cambridge