[QE-users] Fwd: Problem in band gap calculation

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Fri May 8 13:57:04 CEST 2020

Dear Neelam,

The result you got is not related to the pseudopotential but to the functional you used or to the structure.

We calculated some properties of Zn(1-x)Cd(x)Sb  some years ago (FYI: CALPHAD: Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry 35 (2011) 639–642).

We got a band gap of about 0.18 eV with PBE and NC-PSP.  First: are you sure your structure is the good one? You should have a small band gap around 0.2 eV…

I guess that, in the works you are referring to, the people were using a different strategy to get a higher band gap: DFT+U? Hybrid functional? TBm-BJ potential?

Best,
Pascal

Pascal Boulet
—
Professor in computational materials - DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
University of Aix-Marseille - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr>